Monday 17 – Monday 31 May 2021: Ashburton Arts ‘Tinners Moon’ Festival: “‘Celebrating the song’ - two weeks of music, magic and dance with top local and national musicians, plus community events, talks, dance, plants ….” Subject to step 3 of the government's ‘Roadmap out of Lockdown’ going ahead as planned on Monday 17 May. Tickets are NOW available at wegottickets.com/ashburtonarts for a superb line up of events at – most inside, and some on the Bank Holiday weekend outdoors in the same lovely field as last summer. There's more information about everything on the
- Monday 17 May: Opening Celebration with Sam Walker (local legend great songwriter & performer, drummer with The Crazy World of Arthur Brown) Sam will get things going, and lead a tour through the newly redecorated Arts Centre at 6pm,; Free (outside in the forecourt)
- Tuesday 18 May: Annika Skoogh & Ashburton Arts All Stars at 7.30pm - £12/£9/£5 (the delayed 2020 Christmas Party!- Fabulous jazz, swing, soul singer - with fine local musicians)
- Wednesday 19 May: Tom Adams (Cornwall based, but performing all over the world) at 7.30pm-£13/£10/£6.
- Thursday 20 May: Talk: Guy Shrubsole: Who Owns England? at 7.30pm - £10/£8/£5
- Friday 21 May: Moments of Pleasure Trio (Kate Bush Tribute) (Great songs performed authentically by someone who really looks and sounds the part) at 7.30pm - £13/£10/£6
- Saturday 22 May: Tom Ollendorff Trio (Top bunch of London jazz musicians led by a fine guitarist) at 7.30pm - £13/£10/£6
- Sunday 23 May: Sam Fearon / Safi Joscelyne & Craig Milverton / Maisie Waterhouse (Local talent, with great futures ahead of them!) at 7.30pm - £11/£8/£5
- Monday 24 May: Magical Engagements with Brian Rappert (Our resident professor is back with a new show) – limited to 6 bubbles at 7.30pm - £10/£8/£5
- Tuesday 25 May: Sarah McQuaid (Another singer from Cornwall who puts on a great show of her own songs plus a few choice favourites) at 7.30pm - £13/£10/£6
- Wednesday 26 May: Wren: Alice Smith / Angus Balbernie (Solo dance and film based on the Cutty Wren tradition, with live music and more) at 7.30pm - £10/£8/£5
- Thursday 27 May: Holding hands Octet: Critical Time / Fowl (Eight of the UK's more interesting improvisors! Along with a more local surreal duo) at 7.30pm - £13/£10/£6.
- Friday 28 May Toby Strong, Director of Photography - talk and films at 7.30pm (You've seen his camera work on the BBC and more, one of the finest wildlife DOPs around) £5
- Friday 28 May: James Kirby (Excellent singer/songwriter who's toured across Europe– now living just down the road!) at 7.30pm - £13/£10/£6
- Saturday 29 May: ADGA Plant Sale from 9am-11am - Free
- Saturday 29 May: Lyric Trio: play Bach and Purcell (more top national classical musicians who've mad their home in Devon – a real treat!) at 12noon - £10/£8/£5
- Saturday 29 May: Attila the Stockbroker & TV Smith (Legends from the Punk era, still giving it their all!) at 7.30pm - £15/£11/£8
- Sunday 30 May: Riviera Ramblers (Our resident purveyors of those New Orleans grooves at 1pm - £9/£6/£3
- Sunday 30 May: Kitty Macfarlane (A truly wonderful folk singer in the new British tradition – expect a magical evening under the stars) at 7.30pm - £13/£10/£6
- Monday 31 May (Bank Holiday): Not Only But Also The Blues: Vince Lee, Russell Sinclair, Bad Cat Bone at 7.30pm. (Vince Lee is one of the finest blues guitarists and singers anywhere in the world, leading this night of wonderful music, with Ashburton musical legends Bill Birks rounding things off in the house band) - £13/£10/£6
- Sunday 20 June 2021: - Yusuf Cat Stevens – performed by Keith James at 7.30pm. Twice postponed, Keith James is back at Ashburton Arts Centre after his performances of the songs of Leonard Cohen, and later Nick Drake with his show dedicated to the music and life of Yusuf Cat Stevens
- Sunday 26 September 2021: - Nick Harper at 7.30pm. Always a favourite and sure to be a sell-out, Nick's amazing guitar prowess is matched by his soulful, distinctive voice and passionate songs. See: www.southdevonmusic.co.uk/event_detail.cfm?id=90.
To be kept up to date with everything going on at Ashburton Arts, join the mailing list, or click here for information about getting tickets, accessibility, how to find us and parking. See http://ashburtonarts.org.uk/whats-on/