Art House South Brent is ‘an arts and crafts space for making, mending and meeting in South Brent’ with two fantastic spacious, airy, light-filled studios at the south end of the Old School Community Centre for classes, workshops, exhibitions and events. Art House offers classes and sessions for people of all ages, abilities and experience, to get inspired and learn new skills, make a mess, have fun with new friends (and clear up afterwards!).
Classes at the Art House include:
- NEW- Jenny Gracie’s Basket Club: After successful autumn and spring Basket Clubs, a garden trug workshop and four evenings making willow baskets, Jenny is running 3 Basket clubs this autumn at Art House. One has been filled by previous participants, but two others have places each.
- Willow Basket Club - Square and Oval Baskets - Catalan bases are particularly great for making square, rectangular and oval based baskets. Take home you own hand made basket made over 4 Thursday mornings: 9.30am–12.00 on 12, 19, October, 2 & 9 November. Cost: £100.
See: www.arthousesouthbrent.com/our-tutors-and-classes-1/jenny-gracie-willow-weaving; for details and to book visit www.makingspacetomake.co.uk
- Ceramics: The ceramics studio has been set up by Imogen Taylor Noble in the ‘Clay Barn’. See: http://imogentaylor-noble.com/ and www.arthousesouthbrent.com/our-tutors-and-classes-1/imogen-taylor-noble-ceramics.
- Sculpture and Life drawing classes with Isabel Coulton; see: https://isabelcoulton.com/ and www.arthousesouthbrent.com/our-tutors-and-classes-1/isabel-coulton-sculpture-and-life-drawing (see also ‘Woody’s Art Bites’ - https://isabelcoulton.com/tuition/woodys-art-bites/)
- Sewing for all ages with Helen Mepham; see: www.arthousesouthbrent.com/our-tutors-and-classes-1/sewing-for-all-ages-helen-mepham.
- Creative Journeys in Nature with Emma Capper; see: https://creativejourneys.org.uk/ and www.arthousesouthbrent.com/our-tutors-and-classes-1/creative-journeys-in-nature-with-emma-capper-forest-therapy.
- Figurative Sculpture with Elizabeth Hadley; see: www.hadleysculptures.co.uk/ and www.arthousesouthbrent.com/our-tutors-and-classes-1/elizabeth-hadley-figurative-sculpture.
- Water colour and mixed media painting with Sue Ifould; see: http://ifould.co.uk/ and www.arthousesouthbrent.com/our-tutors-and-classes-1/sue-ifould-watercolour-painting
- Painting with Susie Fasht; see: www.suzyfasht.com/ and www.arthousesouthbrent.com/our-tutors-and-classes-1/suzy-fasht-painting.
- How to make Clothes with Jane Norris; see: https://www.arthousesouthbrent.com/our-tutors-and-classes-1/how-to-make-clothes
- Carpentry & Joinery with Touchwood South West; see: www.touchwoodsouthwest.com/ and www.arthousesouthbrent.com/our-tutors-and-classes-1/touchwood-southwest-carpentry-and-joinery
- Mosaic Making with Michelle McQuinn; see: www.arthousesouthbrent.com/our-tutors-and-classes-1/michelle-mcquinn-mosaic
Felting with Amanda Critchlow; see: www.arthousesouthbrent.com/our-tutors-and-classes-1/amanda-critchlow-felt
- Willow Weaving with Jennie Gracie; see: www.arthousesouthbrent.com/our-tutors-and-classes-1/jenny-gracie-willow-weaving
- Stained Glass with Alexine Tinne; see: www.arthousesouthbrent.com/our-tutors-and-classes-1/alexine-tinne-stained-glass
- Bookbinding with Gaynor Williams; see: www.arthousesouthbrent.com/our-tutors-and-classes-1/gaynor-williams-bookbinder
- Stone Carving with Anne-Marie Moss; see: www.arthousesouthbrent.com/our-tutors-and-classes-1/stone-carving-annemarie-moss
For other Art House Sessions and Classes: – click on ‘our tutors and classes’